NBA star Jaylen Brown had a public spat with the Beverly Hills Police Department Saturday night after police shut down a brand event he was hosting.
Brown, who signed a $285-million contract with the Celtics in 2023, was in Los Angeles for the National Basketball Assn.’s All-Star festivities.
Advertisement
He told ESPN that the event was hosted at Oakley founder Jim Jannard’s house. Brown is sponsored by Oakley.
The event took place in the Trousdale section of Beverly Hills and was shut down about 7 p.m. In a video posted on Brown’s Instagram account, the NBA star could be seen arguing with a BHPD officer who was shutting the party down.
“The owner didn’t say we needed a permit,” Brown told the officer in the video. Brown claimed the event was not a party, but rather a panel on culture.
Read more: Photos: Highlights from NBA All-Star Game weekend in Inglewood
“300k down the drain,” Brown wrote in a post on X after the incident, tagging the Beverly Hills Police Department.
Advertisement
“An event permit had been applied for and denied by the City due to previous violations associated with events at the address,” BHPD said in a statement.
“Despite the fact that the permit was denied, organizers still chose to proceed with inviting hundreds of guests knowing that it was not allowed to occur,” the statement continued.
Brown plays for the Boston Celtics, a historic rival of the Los Angeles Lakers, but added that he was surprised at his treatment by the city of Beverly Hills.
“I feel like we’re being targeted right now,” he said in a video posted to Instagram.
Sign up for Essential California for news, features and recommendations from the L.A. Times and beyond in your inbox six days a week.
This story originally appeared in Los Angeles Times.
Source link : https://sports.yahoo.com/articles/beverly-hills-police-shut-down-204108748.html
Author :
Publish date : 2026-02-16 20:41:00
Copyright for syndicated content belongs to the linked Source.
NBA News NBA News, Match Reports and Updates
